Head of Event/Event Manager (full-time/part-time)
Hua Yuan Science and Technology Association (HYSTA) is seeking 1-2 detail-oriented, fast-learning and self-driven senior event coordinators to oversee the planning and execution of HYSTA’s regular programs and annual signature events. In this position, you will also be working closely with the Marketing Team and BD Team between events to smoothly carry out HYSTA’s daily operation and branding strategies.
1. Event Planning: carry out complete and detailed plans for HYSTA’s regular programs (1-2 mid-sized events/month) and HYSTA’s Annual Conference and US-China Tech Investment Summit (annually with 5-month lead time); lead overall and event-based budgeting and logistics management;
2. Branding Strategy: make sure HYSTA’s regular and annual events are consistent with its major missions and brand image. Set semi-annually/annually branding goals and design strategies to fulfill these goals and enrich the HYSTA community through a series of events;
3. Annual Conference Theme and Program Design: work closely with the HYSTA leadership and board of directors to design the overall theme and program component of HYSTA’s Annual Conference (and the following US-China Tech Investment Summit), including featured topics, speaker lineup, agenda,
4. Speaker and guest coordination: research, propose and coordinate with speakers and special guests for HYSTA’s regular programs and annual events to make sure they have a good experience supporting HYSTA and their presentations align with event themes;
5. Creative Marketing Campaign: work closely with the Marketing Team to deliver effective campaigns to promote HYSTA’s regular and annual events and hit event size goals; lead graphic design and content writing for event-related campaigns;
1. Bachelor degree or above, preferably in Public Relations, Advertising, Marketing, Design, Journalism, Communications, Hospitality, Business etc.
2. 2 years of experience in event planning, event coordination, marketing, public relations and other related fields;
3. Excellent communication skills, an eloquent speaker and writer.
4. Native-level or near-native-level English AND Chinese proficiency;
5. Strong sense of responsibility, self-motivation, creativity and keen attention to detail;
6. Outstanding Project management, flexibility and cross-functionality;
7. A team player and fast-learner;
8. Graphic design a plus.
H1B sponsored for qualified candidates.